Learn. Collaborate. Excel.
Our mission is crystal clear. FedLearn will change the learning paradigm.
Fedlearn want to change how people learn in Federal government agencies and contractor companies. As we looked at the learning landscape around the Federal government and contractor communities this is what we found...
- Organizations and companies are still focused on classroom-based training (CBT) and eLearning as their main means to deliver learning to employees. For CBT, while beneficial for social learning by sharing knowledge and experiences for the collective good of the learners, it is expensive and unscalable. eLearning on the other hand, while relatively inexpensive compared to CBT and highly scalable, doesn't facilitate social learning.
- Overall, there are few opportunities that provide for learners to engage with each other across multiple government agencies and companies. This limits the collective learning that could occur to the benefit of our nation.
- The topics that learners want are not available when they need them.
The current learning environment creates the opportunity for a new way to help employees Learn. Collaborate. Grow.
The Potential of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
FedLearn is the first MOOC learning platform dedicated to the learning needs of Federal government and contractor employees. Our commitment to you the learner, is to provide relevant learning solutions and content that help you in the following ways...
- Learn. - Provide you content that opens up new avenues of knowledge that you can apply immediately to your role.
- Collaborate. - Provide you the means to collaborate with 100's or 1,000's of other learners to share knowledge and experiences.
- Grow. - Provide you the means to grow personally and professionally in your career.
Learning is Fundamental to Personal and Organizational Success
Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric (GE) once stated...“If the rate of change on the outside exceeds the rate of change on the inside, the end is near.” Taking ownership of your learning is the primary means to stay adaptable and ensure that you stay ahead of the rate of change.
Come join our learning community!
Dr. J. Keith Dunbar
Dr. J. Keith Dunbar recently joined KMS in the spring of 2017 as Director of National Capital Region operations. Prior to KMS he worked as an industry leading leadership consultant in private practice. Amongst his many accomplishments, Dr. Dunbar is an adult learning theory, US Intelligence Community, and US Navy subject matter expert whose career in Government culminated as Director of the Global Learning Solutions Group and the Leadership Academy in the Academy for Defense Intelligence at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). He also serves as the KMS-wide Instructional Systems Design and Adult Education competency leader. Immediately prior to joining KMS, he was the Managing Director of Potentious. He is also experienced as the Director, Learning & Talent Development for Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and subsequently the Director, Talent Management at Leidos.
Dr. Dunbar is a former US Navy Intelligence Officer whose career culminated with a tour of duty at DIA as a Training Program Manager for its Joint Military Intelligence Training Center. Dr. Dunbar is a learning strategy, leadership development, integrated talent management, instructional design, e-learning and content delivery expert who provides technical leadership and direction for tasks and personnel in these areas of subject matter expertise. He provides day-to-day management and technical/programmatic direction on KMS programs supporting the US Navy, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), as well as the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and its National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) in the National Capital Region.
Dr. Dunbar’s academic credentials include a Doctorate in Education from the University of Pennsylvania, a MS in Strategic Intelligence from the National Intelligence University, and a BA in Naval and Political Science earned at the University of New Mexico. Dr. Dunbar has also completed graduate certificate programs at the Wharton Business School’s executive education program in Business Leader Engagement, Learning Technology and Organizational Leadership.
Amongst his many military career accomplishments Dr. Dunbar is a graduate of the US Navy Nuclear Power training program and he subsequently qualified in Submarines onboard the USS Seahorse (SSN 669).
Contact me at KDunbar@fedlearn.com